Undefeated Coastal Carolina University walloped Georgia State 51 to 0 on Saturday.
Coastal Carolina University is ranked 15th in the latest COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANKINGS: ASSOCIATED PRESS TOP 25.
Coastal (6-0, 4-0 Sun Belt) will return home to host South Alabama (3-3, 2-1 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Nov. 7, at 8 p.m. ET. The Homecoming contest will be nationally televised on ESPNU at 8 p.m. ET.
- The six wins are the most by the Chanticleers in a single season since moving to the FBS level full time in 2017 and the most since 2016.
- Coastal is 6-0 to start the season for the first since 2015 and just the fourth time in program history (2013, 2014, and 2015).
- The win extends Coastal’s winning streak to an FBS-record six-straight games this season and seven dating back to last year.
- The Chants are 4-0 in Sun Belt play for the first time in the program’s young history.
- Coastal’s win over the Panthers marks the five-straight Sun Belt Conference win dating back to last year.
- The shutout victory was the first for the Chants as an FBS member and the first since defeating Gardner-Webb 46-0 back on Nov. 7, 2015.
- The 30 passing yards allowed by the CCU defense is the fourth-fewest allowed in a single game in program history.
- With his four passing touchdowns in the win, Grayson McCall has passed for two touchdowns or more in every game he has played in this season.
- Grayson McCall eclipsed the 1,000 career passing yard mark in the first quarter, becoming the 10th Chant to reach the mark in CCU’s young history.
- Jaivon Heiligh’s 35-yard touchdown catch extended his streak to 21-straight games with at least one reception.
- CJ Marable’s 18-yard touchdown pass gives him a catch in 26-straight contests.
- Jaivon Heiligh’s two receiving touchdowns mark a single-game high for the junior wide receiver.