This past Friday night, Mayoral candidate, Ed Carey addressed a group of voters at the Fresh Brewed Coffee House in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Carey is an engineer who helped create Myrtle Beach’s Market Common. While he spoke alongside three local council candidates at the forum, Carey is a well known team builder. Carey told MyrtleBeachSC.com he can and will work with any and all city council members the residents choose to put in office this November. At the forum, Carey stressed the need for increased government accountability and transparency.
On his website, Carey4mb.com, Carey states that he feels Myrtle Beach needs these long term improvements:
TERM LIMITS & ELECTION CYCLE
● Limit Mayor/Council to two, four-
are running for unprecedented 5th terms –
● Move elections to traditional, even-
voter participation, strongly favors incumbents –
SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICTS
● Every individual and every neighborhood deserves representation
● Combination of single-
● Move Council meetings to evenings to encourage citizen participation
● Council minutes must be readily available online