A migraine is a throbbing pain on one side of the head. A person who suffers from migraine may feel nauseated and suffers from sensitivity to bright lights and loud sounds. These attacks are quite common and can last for days. The pain can get severe with the passage of time.
There are lots of medicines that can help prevent migraines and also make them less painful for one. A person who suffers from migraines should have the right medication and make some lifestyle changes that can ease them.
What Are The Symptoms Of A Migraine?
The symptoms of migraines vary from person to person. Prodrome is known to be a stage of migraine. It occurs some to two days before a migraine. This stage’s symptoms include food cravings, yawning, neck stiffness, cravings, mood swings, and constipation. People could definitely opt for kratom for pain to feel better.
Moving on, the next stage is known as the aura. This happens before or even during a migraine. These symptoms last for about 20-60 minutes. These include vision loss, facing difficulty to speak, hearing music, weakness, and more.
Moreover, the third stage is when the attack happens. Not to add, migraines usually last from 4-72 hours without treatment. This is when a person suffers from pain that occurs on one side of the head. They also suffer from nausea and vomiting.
Lastly, the last stage is called post drone. This is when you feel drained after and do not feel like doing anything at all. Moreover, the pain can come back again during this period.
What Are The Causes Of Migraines?
There has been a lot of research regarding migraines; however, they are still not fully understood. A couple of migraine triggers have been mentioned down below. Have a look:
● Drinks: There are lots of drinks that are migraine triggers. Some of these include alcohol, wine, a lot of caffeine. People should opt for other healthy drinks like fresh juices, ratom tincture, and more during this time period.
● Stress: This is one of the major things that could lead to a migraine
● Using the screen: using your laptop or phone for hours can also cause a migraine.
● Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes in women also lead to migraines. These are fluctuations in estrogen levels during periods, pregnancy, menopause, and more.
● Disrupted sleep patterns: Sleeping less is one of the major causes of migraine. One needs to get the right amount of sleep for their Heath. However, sleeping too much can also trigger one’s migraine.
● Foods: There are many foods that can trigger one’s migraine. Some of these include salty and processed foods.
● Feeling tired: Feeling tired and not resting can also end up triggering one’s migraine.
How To Get Rid Of A Migraine?
• Dim The Lights
Firstly, make sure to dim the lights when suffering from migraine. Bright lights can end up increasing your headache, and that is something you do not want. Moreover, wearing glasses while going out may help. Other than that, you should also minimize your screen time and give rest to your eyes.
• Get A Massage
Moving on, massage can do wonders for you and make you feel a lot better. A massage doneon their foreheads, neck, and shoulders can help ease the pain. This will ease tension and will lessen the pain. Also, a good massage will help reduce your migraine, so make sure to keep that in mind.
• Sleep Well
Another thing you can do is to sleep well. Sleeping well will ease the pain in no time. This plays a major role when it comes to your migraine. Not to add, if you don’t get a good night’s sleep, your migraine could even get worse. Sleep well, and you will end up feeling quite better.
Stress is one of the major factors that lead to a migraine. This is one of the reasons you need to relax your mind. Let go of all the thoughts that are making you feel this way. You should think positively during this time in order to feel better.
• Stay In A Quiet Area
Make sure to stay in a quiet area when going through a migraine. A loud noise can end up making your condition a lot worse, and that is something you do not want to do. Stay in a quiet area and relax for a while. You will end up feeling better soon.
When To See A Doctor?
Moving on, once you’ve tried each and everything and still can’t get rid of the pain you should consider seeing a doctor. The doctor will prescribe you medications and ask you to make some lifestyle changes to prevent migraines. The process is long and may take some time.
This article was all about migraines. A migraine can affect your body in many ways, and you need to make sure to prevent them. We all know how bad headaches are; however, stay strong, and you will end up feeling better. Remember, you are strong, and you can deal with this.