Recent Posts

Breaking down the Santee Cooper settlement for rate payers

Santee Cooper

“Judge Toal, perhaps mindful that such a large legal fee might raise eyebrows in the public, took pains to elaborate at length on why the lawyers were worth that much.“ On Monday, Santee Cooper and (former) SC Electric and Gas lawyers agreed to a $520 million settlement for payouts to …

Read More »

The Oasis, Fountainbleu, The Lancer, and Pedersen

Lancer Motel

The Oasis, The Fountainbleu and the Lancer are three motels in Myrtle Beach that date back to a long gone construction era. The mom and pop motels are all outdated. The land that the properties are built on is certainly much more valuable than the buildings themselves. The three are …

Read More »

City of Myrtle Beach Tourist Tax marks 10 year anniversary

Tourist Tax

Summer 2020 marks the tenth anniversary of peak season collections of the controversial City of Myrtle Beach Tourist Tax. 80 percent of the retail sales tax collected is used for advertising through the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (MBACC). The remaining 20 percent goes toward property tax credits and …

Read More »

NMB hatchlings find their way to the sea

Sea Turtles

The North Myrtle Beach Department of Public Safety photographed a nest of just hatched sea turtles on their way to the ocean yesterday. Sea Turtle hatchlings make their way to the sea. Local children connect with nature Headed for a long swim MyrtleBeachSC News wishes all our sea turtle friends …

Read More »