80 is the new…. no, it’s 80.
Nancy Pelosi turned 80 last March. Joe Biden turns 80 in 2021.
It is hard to imagine that America’s college kids believe these two, (among the oldest politicians in our history), should be in charge.
Octogenarians rule could become part of the new lexicon.
Just think where Nancy and Joe will take America over the next 8 years?
They will equally be 88 years old should they live out to see the end of this election era.
According to Medical News Today: Common memory changes that are associated with normal aging at 80 years old include:
- Difficulty learning something new: Committing new information to memory can take longer.
- Multitasking: Slowed processing can make planning parallel tasks more difficult.
- Recalling names and numbers: Strategic memory, which helps with remembering names and numbers, begins to decline at age 20.
- Remembering appointments: Without cues to recall the information, the brain may put appointments into “storage” and not access them unless something jogs the person’s memory.
General changes that researchers think occur during brain aging include:
- Brain mass: Shrinkage in the frontal lobe and hippocampus, which are areas involved in higher cognitive function and encoding new memories, starts at around the age of 60 or 70 years.
- Cortical density: This refers to the thinning of the outer-ridged surface of the brain due to declining synaptic connections. Fewer connections may contribute to slower cognitive processing.
- White matter: White matter consists of myelinated nerve fibers that are bundled into tracts and carry nerve signals between brain cells. Researchers think that myelin shrinks with age, and, as a result, processing is slower and cognitive function is reduced.
- Neurotransmitter systems: Researchers suggest that the brain generates fewer chemical messengers with age, and it is this decrease in dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, and norepinephrine activity that may play a role in declining cognition and memory and increasing depression.
Should Biden win, he and Pelosi will be at the seat of power for all things America.
Is the world laughing at American voters?