An invitation only crowd of Myrtle Beach dignitaries will meet at the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes to officially say thank you and good-bye to Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce C.E.O, Brad Dean on April 20th.
Many former elected officials and current officials have previously made those same such statements on video. Those officials include Horry County Council Chairman Mark Lazarus, former Myrtle Beach Mayor John Rhodes and current Mayor Brenda Bethune.
Dean has served with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce for the past 20 years. Sources close to MBACC tell MyrtleBeachSC that Mr. Dean’s duties as the head of the organization are now completed. He promised the press of Puerto Rico, in the photo above, that he would start his duties in that country beginning late April.
Town Says Good-Bye Brad Dean.
The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce put out a press release in early April stating that the organization has put together a search committee in regards to hiring a replacement for Dean.
According to the release, members of the search committee include:
- Jim Creel Jr. – search committee chair; former MBACC board chair; vice president, Creel Corporation
- Bob Barenberg – former MBACC board member and current SCRLA chairman; managing director, Hilton Hotels
- Brenda Bethune – Mayor of Myrtle Beach; CEO, Better Brands
- Clay Brittain – Thompson & Brittain Law Firm, Brittain Resort Management
- Steve Chapman – former MBACC board chair; owner/operator, Island Vista Resort
- Dr. David DeCenzo – President, Coastal Carolina University
- Amy Duffy – Chief of Staff, SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- Chris Eldridge – Administrator, Horry County Government
- Dr. Marilyn Fore – former MBACC board member; president, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Radha Herring – former MBACC board chair; president, Watermark Real Estate Group
- Terrance Herriott – current MBACC board member & finance review committee chair; assistant vice president, Conway National Bank
- Carla Schuessler – current MBACC board chair; executive director, Habitat for Humanity of HC
- Dennis Wade – former MBACC board member; president and CEO, The Jackson Companies
- Mike Wooten – former MBACC board chair; president, DDC Engineers Inc.