Video Journalist Myrtle Beach Area Needed
Job Title: Video Journalist (Reporter) – MyrtleBeachSC.com
Requisition Number: 178419MBSC
Location: United States – Myrtle Beach, SC
Area of Interest: Video/Programming, Video News Production, News
Position Types: Full Time/Part Time/or Freelance
The reporter’s role in the newsroom is to take an idea and turn it in to a finished television story that informs, educates and entertains our viewers. This position is responsible for developing story ideas, shooting, writing, reporting and editing news stories and video on a weekly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute ideas to editorial meetings by generating and developing story ideas using beat sources, contacts and leads.
• Report, shoot, write, edit news stories and compose graphics within assigned deadlines.
• Research ideas using contacts, the internet, and other media sources.
• Schedule and shoot interviews and video for news stories.
• Write and edit news stories using linear and non-linear edit systems.
• Deliver on-air stories, including live reports and breaking news coverage, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
• Represent MyrtleBeachSC News in the community.
• Adhere to established journalistic ethics, standards and practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications or commensurate experience.
• Prior television news, radio experience required.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of events, issues, and newsmakers in assigned markets and beats.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and practice all aspects of television news gathering and story production.
• Have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 30 lbs.
Only candidates that submit their resumes online at firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered. Additionally, to be considered for an on-air position send a cover letter, resume and DVD/Thumb Drive to:
MBSC News – Video Journalist Position
ATTN: News Director
P.O. Box 2563
Myrtle Beach, SC 29578
MyrtleBeachSC.com supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on MyrtleBeachSC.com: MyrtleBeachSC.com reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
MyrtleBeachSC.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.