Former North Myrtle Beach Police Chief Tommy Dennis will be appointed an Associate Judge for the City of North Myrtle Beach Municipal Court and is anticipating a wonderful new chapter in his career as a life-long public servant.
BIOGRAPHICAL DETAILS FOR CHIEF TOMMY DENNIS
- Chief Tommy Dennis began his law enforcement career in North Myrtle Beach on February 3, 1997, after graduating with a degree in Criminal Justice from the University of South Carolina in 1996.
- He began as a uniform patrol officer and bike patrol officer before being promoted to Criminal Investigations in 2001, where he worked for nearly 11 years.
- He was promoted to and served as a Patrol Sergeant from July of 2012 until being promoted to Police Lieutenant in August of 2015.
- He also served in the Department’s Honor Guard from 2012 until 2016.
- He became Chief of Police in June of 2020, and he has ultimately served this City he loves so much for almost 26 years.